- Mount Everest is the highest peak on Earth and its height is 8,850.1728 m.
First mention of climbing Everest was mentioned in the book Above the Snow Line by Clinton Thomas Dent.
2. Britain’s highest mountain is Ben Nevis standing high at 1,345 meters above sea level settled at Lochaber area of the Scottish Highlands near the town of Fort William.
3. In our galaxy the highest mountain discovered is Olympus Mons and its location is on Mars.
4. Mountains exist even under the sea! – Also mentioned as the Hidden Earth.
5. There are more mountains in the waters than on land and they are islands “floating” in the water.
6. The mountains are sources of 80 % of Earth’s fresh water.
7. 14 of the highest mountains on our planet are discovered in the Himalayas.
8. There are frozen rivers on some mountains so called glaciers.
Take a look at the video and be a part of a beautiful adventure.