Breakfast that is neat enough to eat with one hand while you scroll through your feed with the other.
1) Paleo Omelet Muffins
Super-easy to make. If your Paleo plan doesn’t include ham, sub in the protein of your choice.
- 8 eggs
- 8 ounces cooked ham, crumbled
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt/li>
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 8 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Beat eggs together in a large bowl. Mix ham, bell pepper, onion, salt, black pepper, and water into the beaten eggs. Pour egg mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are set in the middle, 18 to 20 minutes.
2) No-Bake Energy Bites
Loaded with oats, flax seeds, and nut butter. You can make these your breakfast or a post-workout recovery snack.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine oats, chocolate chips, flax seed, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; form into balls using your hands. Arrange energy bites on a baking sheet and freeze until set, about 1 hour.
3) Whole Grain Breakfast Cookies
All the pleasure of eating a cookie for breakfast, but with a lot less guilt.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup blue agave nectar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor several times to chop; continue processing until the walnuts are ground into flour; transfer to a bowl. Mix in the rolled oats, whole wheat flour, flax meal, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- Combine the almond butter, canola oil, agave nectar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in the food processor and process a few seconds to blend the ingredients well; transfer the almond butter mixture to a large bowl and fold in the dried cherries and chocolate chips. Mix the walnut-oatmeal mixture into the almond butter mixture (dough will be very thick).
- Scoop up heaping teaspoons of dough, and form into balls; lay the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flatten the cookies with a spatula. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.
4) Energy Bars
Because no one should face morning meetings without breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the eggs, banana, oats, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, milk powder, dates, raisins, walnuts, apricots, wheat germ, maple syrup, and whole-wheat pastry flour together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined; spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; set aside to cool. Cut into 9 bars and wrap with plastic to store.
5) Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
Fill up a travel cup to sip on the way in. Discover more tasty combinations for your breakfast smoothie.
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana, broken into chunks
- 14 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
In a blender, combine soy milk, oats, banana and strawberries. Add vanilla and sugar if desired. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.