Your body requires healthy food intake and regular exercise to reduce weight in a healthy and safe way.
But weight loss requires a healthy digestion of calories to spend, and the body to use harmful substances from food. If your digestive system is not functioning properly, most attempts at weight loss will be much slower.
It is very important how you start the day. According to Indian philosophy of Ayurveda, choosing your daily routines makes your body or resistant or very susceptible to diseases. According to Ayurveda, everyone needs to start the day focusing on morning rituals that will encourage the alignment of the body ‘s natural rhythm, balancing three basic energies : air and space, fire and water and earth, and the strengthening of confidence and self-discipline.
Start your day with a cup of warm water and add it in half squeezed lemon.
(this homemade “lemonade” helps eliminate internal toxins, regulating proper kidney and digestive tract functions by forcing them to work as smoothly as possible).
Reasons that you should drink a lemon water in the morning :
- Helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
- Cleanses blood, blood vessels and arteries.
- Helps with weight loss. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps suppress hunger cravings. Studies have proven people with a better alkaline diet have lost weight faster.
- Helps with tooth pain and gingivitis.
- Prevents cancer. This is due to the fact that lemons are a highly alkaline food. Multiple studies have found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
Facts about lemon :
It has antibacterial and antifungal property. They contain high amounts of antioxidants and phytonutrients. They contain high amounts of antioxidants that fight free radicals. They protect from cancer, inflammation, and aging. It is the rich amount of Vitamin C. They are useful to increase immunity to fight common cold and flu. Also, it contains the high amount that is effective to provide many health benefits.